I have consulted for several libraries, but my consulting business is largely on hiatus during my first two years of my doctoral program. If you are interested in my consultation services, please do contact me and I will see if I can accommodate your needs. I can provide references upon request.
An example prezi on the Space Audit and future-planning consultation I did for the Horicon Public Library, Summer 2011, which includes content creation space.
- The Center for Public Library Research (CPLR). A clearinghouse that facilitates praxis-based research for and by practicing public librarians. Started Nov. 2011 with colleague Sarah Jones Cournoyer. Largely on hiatus.
- The Lomira QuadGraphics Community Library
- Lomira Area Chamber of Commerce
- SOIS Progressive Librarians Guild Student Chapter
- Public Library Leadership Concentration
Work on art, teens, and civic engagement in public libraries
- ”Teaching art to teens in libraries,” Teaching Artist Journal, 2013.
- Embedded, Participatory Research: Creating a Grounded Theory with Teenagers. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 2013.
- 2 articles published in Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults, 2012. PDF of both articles. Or go to JRLYA.
- “Graffiti, Poetry, Dance: How Art Programs in Public Libraries Affect Civic Engagement in Teens.” A brief presentation for SOIS, Nov. 2011, with commentary.
- Another prezi on my thesis research, “Graffiti, Poetry Dance,” given at the Spring 2011 Research Day at SOIS.
- 2011 Frances Henne/YALSA/VOYA Research grant
- Finished thesis
Content creation projects:
- “Making It: medialabs, makerspaces, studios, and other creative spaces in libraries” A presentation at the Rhode Island Library Association conference, May 2012.
- My upcoming research project (i.e. meat for dissertation)
- Public Practitioner-Researchers: How LIS Research is Informed by Praxis, a slideshow of the first phase of an ongoing project, Spring 2010
- Weeding Research Slideshow, poster. Dec. 2010. This poster won first prize in the Spring 2010 Student Research Day at SOIS. Also this presentation adapted for librarians.
- Library Architecture wiki: Langston Hughes Library, Appaloosa Public Library, Picture Book Museum, John Rylands library, Project Management & Library gardens. Spring 2011.
Workshops for patrons, other librarians:
- Teen Programs and Publicity, a webinar sponsored by the Indianhead Library System, May 2012. You will need to sign in with an email address, but it’s free.
- Ebook prezi, on downloading e-books from Overdrive and various ereaders. Sept. 2011
- POW! Using Internet Tools to Rock Your Programs slideshow for kids & teen librarians. Nov. 2011 presented to teen librarians at WLA, Nov. 2011. And the handout.
- Internet Basics for Seniors, Computer Basics for Seniors.
Research on teen neuroscience:
- Hot Cognition, Cold Cognition:What Librarians Should Know About How Teen Brains Work. Spring 2009
- Library Brains website (was in development, on how libraries can support brain development) Spring 2009